I am an upcoming senior in high school. I am fairly certain that I will apply to Wellesley early decision. However, before I make my decision permanent, I have a few questions that I desperately need answered. Any responses will be greatly appreciated, especially since the ED deadline is coming up November 1 (less than 4 months away, eeek!!!)
1a. In regards to standardized tests, I read that the SAT and 2 SAT II tests OR the ACT is required. So, does that mean if you submit the ACT, you do not need to submit the 2 SAT II scores?
1b. However, if submition is required, and the early decision deadline is November 1 and I take the SAT subject tests in October, will it be ok? I checked the SAT site and it said scores will be reported online as early as October 29 and can be mailed to colleges by November 2.
1c. Also, is the ACT superscored? Meaning I send in my best scores (for example, I got 29 composite with W-33, M-31, R-25, S-26 and then another time got a 28 composite with W-30, M-29, R-30, S-24) in order to create an overall score of 30? Or am I required to send in all ACT scores that I have ever taken?
2. Also, I read that you need two academic teacher recommendations. If I had a teacher that taught CAI, banking and finance, accounting, and web design, would that be allowed? Although he isn't an AP/honors teacher, I've had him 3 years and have had to do community service with him.
3. Do you recommend ED? If the school is my number one choice, will I have a better chance at getting in by doing ED or RD? (I am fairly certain that this is a stupid question and the answer is obviously ED, but I just want to check)
4. While the interviews are optional, yet highly recommended, would you suggest I get one? If it is, I intend to visit Wellesley in late September for an interview, campus tour, and maybe special program where I sit in on a class and/or spend the night in a dorm.
5. I am a serious, fairly quiet student. Because my strong points tend to be math and computer, do you think I will have a difficult time in writing classes/discussions? How much discussion/out loud reading/talking about our personal experiences&thoughts are used during classes?
6. I am kind of picky when it comes to dorms. I am a very clean, organized person. How are dorms? Are they fairly quiet, clean, spacious, etc?
Sorry, I know I have loads of questions! THANKS!!!